What Package Do I Need?
Main Purpose of Packaging: Protect the Product
It’s important to consider the product, or products, you will package. Most items need protection from the effects of oxygen, moisture, light, infestation, odor, etc. Products can be sensitive to one or a combination of these, and therefore require packaging that is designed to resist a specific combination of factors.
We can help you and make things move quicker if you think about a few questions. We don’t need all the answers, but it’s good to think like a packaging person as you buy packaging. The answers are not imperative – just helpful.
Let’s start with the type of packaging you prefer:
With over 200 styles in stock, including paper bags, foil gusseted bags, stand-up pouches, flat pouches, rollstock laminations, specialty tins and more. We can offer help selecting your package, and we will do our best to make things simple.
Helpful Questions to Ask Yourself
- Is there a type package you have seen in the market you like?
- What is the weight of the product you intend to package? (This is a critical component in determining what style of package will best suit your needs.)
- Do you know anything about the shelf stability of your product?
- Does it go stale easily?
- Does light hurt the product?
- What is your target price range? (Structures and features of packaging styles vary, and pricing can vary with them.)
Not sure which package is right for your product? Give us a call! We are happy to send out samples of our products.
We highly recommend sending out samples first, that way you can try them with your product and make sure they will work for your needs prior to purchase. We also recommend filling the samples using all the varieties of your product to ensure that the different densities of each product will still work in the bag you have chosen.