Blog & Videos

1 (800) 562-2247

BIOTRE COMPOST TRIALS - DAY 1

PBi is thrilled to announce our latest stock bag, made from our Biotrē Film, a 1lb Natural Kraft Side Gusset Bag with the PBi One-Way Degassing Valve. PBi spent over two years in developing the Biotrē Film, including extensive composting and cupping test with industry leaders to verify that Biotrē effectively preserves and protects sensitive products like coffee.

Biotrē Film is composed of 60% (by weight) biodegradable materials made from renewable resources such as wood pulp. Based on previous tests, biodegradation will take on average several months in a backyard composter. The remaining 40% (by weight) of the bag is PE from fossil fuels with an additive that is designed to make it breakdown over five to ten years, thus reducing its impact on the waste stream compared to standard PE.

In the video below, Marketing Director Kelle Vandenberg introduces Biotre Film:

http://youtu.be/wp6Wm_fULCA

comments powered by Disqus

Contact

Tel: 1 (800) 562-2247
International: +1 (425) 455-1128
Fax: (425) 990-8582 (Customer Service & Sales)
Fax: (425) 455-1886 (All Others)
Email: bags@pacificbag.com
Locations & Addresses >

Search